SEVEN KEY ATTRIBUTES OF MOBILE-OPTIMISED ECOMMERCE SITES
Get the innovative, forward-thinking technology you need to compete in a dynamic and volatile environment with JBiz Software solutions. From enterprise eStores and performance management solutions that let you drive your business hard and control it, these mobile, globally-enabled, collaborative, and highly adaptable solutions help you accelerate growth while keeping cost and risk under control.
Mobile-optimised eCommerce websites should be dramatically different from their desktop equivalents. The JBiz team identifies seven key attributes:
1. Home Pages are simplified, ideally with single-column navigation layouts, featuring only that content which is relevant to mobile searchers
2. Product Pages should also be minimalist, with tabs for more info, images are thumbnails which can be double-tapped or swiped to expand
3. “Click to Call” is essential (up to 70% of mobile searchers use the option)
4. Sites must be Location-Aware, showing the nearest store addresses on a map
5. Text entry must be minimised, users able to input information in other ways (eg customer PINs, barcodes, QR codes, NFC)
6. Site search provides suggested (autocomplete) results as users type
7. SEO keywords are optimised for conversational queries (particularly voice searches), eg “where is the nearest florist?” not “florist + location”.